Social Icons – core/social-links
Use the Social Icons block to display links to your social media profiles or websites.
- Once you’ve inserted the Social icons block you’ve got 38 choices for the blocks to include.
- The default blocks are: WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Each block requires the full URL to the social network. E.g. https://twitter.com/herb_miller.
- Each block has a Link Label setting to Briefly describe the link to help screen reader users.
- You can’t tell from the icon whose social network you’ll visit… You have to see the URL in the link.
- If you don’t complete the URL for a block then the block may not display.
- Blocks can be styled as: Default, Logos Only, Pill Shape.
- The social icon block can also be inserted individually, but it cannot be styled when you do this.
- Gutenberg 6.5.0 delivered 32 new blocks – Social links.
- Gutenberg 7.2.0 delivered 39 social link blocks.
- Gutenberg 7.5 introduced some functionality that made the individual Social link blocks unnecessary.
- If you use WordPress 5.4 without Gutenberg then these social link blocks are not available; you need to change to use the new method.